Wellness Pharmacy consists of 13 community-focused pharmacies based in BC Lower Mainland. As an independently owned pharmacy, we are proud to provide patient-centered care in our communities. We work closely with area physicians and other healthcare providers to ensure that we offer the best possible care for our patients.
As a Pharmacy Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the pharmacy operations including greeting patients and confirming accuracy of prescriptions, dispensing medications, completing customer pickups, data entry, pharmacy inventory support, other technical/ administrative tasks and supporting specialty pharmacy programs such as Home Monitoring.
Skills and Expectations
- Team player who strives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and problem solve
- Detail oriented and highly dependable
- Plans and communicates the daily deliverables with Pharmacist and Pharmacy Manager to ensure alignment with pharmacy objectives
- Ability to time and plan for the deliverables to ensure timely completion
- Ability to take accountability and ownership of a process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work proactively and independently as a member of a dynamic team
- Focuses on introducing efficiency measures that support the daily tasks
- Open to receiving and providing feedback
- Adaptable and fast learner
- Some experience/education as pharmacy assistant or similar role
- Ability to stand for length of shift
- Ability to lift up to 15 kg (35 lbs)
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Employer from time to time.